Are you Open for Delivery? Employers such as restaurants, retail, delivery, security, warehousing and distribution are scrambling to hire drivers. The challenge is how can they hire quickly and hire safely at scale without putting staff and the public at risk. That’s why hiring technology matters when hiring drivers – so employers scale quickly and while maintaining safe hiring practices.
If you hire drivers, here are a few things you need to make sure your hiring solution is optimized to handle:
- Candidates can find your job postings online
- Applicants can quickly apply by text or very simple application with quality screening questions
- Potential new hires can participate in a video-style interview, to maintain a safe social distance
- Once hired, Onboarding should include all relevant company forms, policies, tax forms, I-9 / E-verify, ACA compliance and Work Opportunity Tax Credit screening and processing – with e-signatures
- All physical paperwork should be eliminated, removing the risk of contact
- Required driver information and documents should be part of electronic onboarding, and allow the employee to capture a photo of their documents directly to their onboarding file, using their mobile device
- Managers should be able to finish any tasks quickly from a tablet or iPad, allowing them to continue operations without being tied to a desk
If you need more guidance on why hiring technology matters when hiring drivers or your hiring process needs an upgrade, Efficient Hire has the tools help. We can get you started quickly, streamline your workflow, and keep you in compliance with onboarding, I-9’s, and your ACA plan. See a quick demo today!