Onboarding software for staffing companies isn’t a luxury. It’s a necessity. A typical employer may see new hire paperwork as a nuisance they have to deal with. But a staffing firm that focuses on hiring and onboarding new people can’t afford to be bogged down in paperwork all day. Focusing on repetitive administrative work takes valuable time away from focusing on talent acquisition and placement process.
Why Is Virtual Onboarding Better Than Paper?
An agency that makes the switch from paper to digital onboarding can benefit in several ways. Onboarding software for staffing companies can:
- Provide additional assurance that all federal and state-required forms such as I-9s and W4s used are up to date
- Speed the placement process, allowing new hires to begin work sooner and addresses the client’s urgent need for personnel
- Reduce or eliminate errors in documents by requiring all forms to be filled out completely
- Give the agency more time to focus on follow up and customer service to ensure that new hires are settling in well at their job
Ideally, a paperless process using onboarding software for staffing companies is one that directly impacts the satisfaction of new hires, internal staff, and clients.
Identify the Right Onboarding Software for Staffing Companies
There are many different ways to go from a paper-dominated process to one that’s paperless. But not all of these methods actually save time and improve the onboarding process along the way. For example, simply implementing a few fillable Adobe forms isn’t going to resolve the bottleneck of new hire paperwork. It’s important to choose a solution that is comprehensive.
Here are some important questions to ask that go beyond the basics:
- Does the software enable you to fax or scan digital copies of important documents to attach to a new hire’s digital record?
- Can the solution integrate with applicant tracking, payroll, background checks, and other resources for an end-to-end solution?
- Is WOTC screening and processing available to capture valuable tax credits?
- Is the web-based storage of all new hire documents and information protected so it’s more secure than keeping paper files in a locked office?
- Can you easily customize the onboarding process with different forms for a variety of positions or sectors? Can you add custom forms and policies for each end client?
Transitioning to an automated process takes some time and effort. However, it’s easy to keep running once it is in place. In contrast, managing paper forms gets more complicated over time. Finally, the constant change in employment laws, tax regulations, and industry requirements add more complications. It makes sense to start the shift today to a more streamlined business model.
Contact our team to learn more about our unique onboarding software for staffing companies.