Running a business with multiple locations, like restaurants, is hard enough without pulling your hair out because of inefficiencies in your hiring process, right? A struggle facing nearly every employer is finding candidates (period) then finding quality candidates and hiring them before your competition! Even if you’re really good at finding talent, you have to worry about how well your hiring process works with location managers who are at various levels in their career or knowledge of how to keep your company in compliance.
Seemingly simple mistakes such as a policy not signed, missing forms, the I-9 not completed properly, important data omitted to get an employee their first paycheck…I could go on and on…all of these little things add up to wasted time, a bad experience for new hires, unhappy managers (constantly correcting this or that), which ultimately costs you money. So, what do you do now? If you face any of those challenges, you’ll want to read on to learn how to streamline your hiring process.
1. Create Harmony across your organization
Whether you have 5 locations or 5,000, your hiring process should be standardized and easy to follow across your organization. Consider how your Company operates – are your managers responsible for staffing up their locations? If so, making it easy for new managers to learn your process without risking compliance issues is paramount.
2. Unlock better communication
Your managers probably have a direct line to their supervisor, but they also need to engage faster with potential candidates. More than likely, any candidate that applies for your job opening has applied to dozens of others, may quickest thumbs win! The faster they engage, the better – here’s why: 89% of job seekers say they will accept the job offer from the first hiring manager that contacts them.
3. Get rid of inefficiencies
Time to review your hiring packet. Are there outdated or unnecessary forms? Are you relying on managers to complete I-9’s accurately? Just how many policies and documents do you have to manage? Ok, not all managers are created equal, we know that; requiring them to wade through a confusing or complicated process not only causes frustration but could get you into compliance hot water if there are errors. Not-so-fun fact: 90% of all paper I-9’s have at least one error. Yikes.
4. Technology can do the work for you
Having the right tech helps you take care of 1-3. A fully contactless recruiting and onboarding solution comes to the rescue (that’s us – “horn toot”). Here’s how it should be done:
- One simplified system that is easy to use, even for the most inexperienced manager
- A mobile recruiting platform that allows a manager to quickly engage candidates via text (they probably aren’t behind a desk all day) and fill your positions in minutes, not days
- All company policies, tax forms, I-9’s, and any business-specific forms included in your hiring packet – onboarding fully completed from any device in English or Spanish, e-signed, and ready for payroll.
- An easy to follow Task Dashboard for your managers to see what needs attention, get it done and get back to work
- Never skipping a beat, we screen new hires for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit during onboarding and put money back into your operating budget. Yep, you can earn up to $9,600 per eligible employee (hmm, that could pay for your awesome new tech!)
- The ability to manage ACA eligibility tracking & notifications, especially for your part-time workforce
5. Improve happiness & retention
By now you’ve unified your hiring process across your whole business. The crowd goes crazy! Managers are hiring faster than ever, onboarding is quick and painless, new hire data is finally accurate and flows into payroll, and you’re earning thousands in tax credits. How does this improve employee happiness & retention? Well, you’ve probably already figured out how things would improve for you, but are a few examples from our customers:
“Before Efficient Hire, our new hire paperwork was literally done on paper, as a result, there were constant errors and paycheck delays. Now everything is electronic, streamlined and we’ve been able to reduce overtime!”
“The whole onboarding process only takes minutes. New employees complete everything on their phone & managers use the task dashboard to finish up. The best part is knowing our I-9’s & policies are compliant!”
“Training was really quick, and it is easy to use! It will be much simpler to maintain best practices when we bring new managers on board!”
“Going paperless with Efficient Hire has significantly improved the efficiency of onboarding and employee information management for our front-line managers and our administrative team. The WOTC team handles everything so we are able to maximize our tax credits effortlessly. Everyone at Efficient Hire goes above and beyond to help!”
Ok, so that was four examples. You know what the challenges are for your organization and you work hard every day to constantly improve and increase efficiency. If you’re like most employers, your talent is the core of your business. If you’re feeling the struggle, we’re here to help. Get in touch with our sales team today, they are super nice, I promise! The sales team can help you streamline your hiring process.